Pre-Wedding Beauty Secrets
Are you ready to look and feel your greatest on your big day without breaking the bank?
Take a peak at these 7 secrets of mine!
1. Get Your Sleep In: Yes, wedding planning can be stressful and you may be up late a few nights a week as you get closer to your wedding. However, you need to get as much sleep as you can. You don’t want any dark circles under those gorgeous eyes of yours on your big day. I’d advise you to set a timer daily on your phone and when it’s time for bed, ensure you are getting at least 8 hours of sleep! (PRICELESS)
2. Skin Care & Facials: Start these about six months out and have one monthly. Facials will help clean and maintain your skin care goals and glow. By seeing an esthetician, he or she will share their expertise on what skin care regimen will work best for your skin type as you approach your wedding day! (average $50-60 per visit)
3. Healthy & Sexy Hair: For healthy, shiny and sexy looking hair, start getting a hair spa done once every two months, or so, about five months before your big day. Avoid any drastic changes, too. You should love your look on your wedding day for many years after it. ($40-$100: depends on your wants and needs)
4. Hot-Bod Goals: Start working out at least four months before your wedding to achieve your weight loss goals and target areas. Avoid any crash dieting or aggressive gym schedules, don't get yourself too bulky now... because that's what happened to me! (This can be priceless! Go for a walk in your hood, maybe your work site has a gym, take advantage of your resources.)
5. Food In-takes: Be mindful of your eating habits at least three to six months before your wedding. Avoid any sugary and salty foods, which can lead you to feeling bloated and swollen. Be sure to keep your diet consistent and don’t starve yourself either. It’s ok to have a few cheat days, but keep them in check. Opt for healthy and nutritious snacks like fruits and veggies; my absolute fave snack is cucumbers and hummus. Also, make sure you are drinking enough water, 8-10 glasses per day! (Spend a little money upfront and meal prep your meals for the week, this will save you money in the long run.)
6. Massage: Take your stress from wedding planning out-the-door and get a massage as it gets closer to your day. This will help rejuvenate your mind and body. Get these on an as needed basis, even though I personally visited the spa once a month and have made it a lifestyle now! (Purchase a month-to-month membership for $60 per month)
7. Hair Removal: Get this done at least within a week of your wedding to avoid any redness or irritation. Keep yourself well groomed, all over! (Fun tip: the European Wax Center offers 1 FREE service during your first visit, take advantage of this offer! You can find any of their locations across the U.S.)
Practice these 7 secrets and you will be saving and glowing, I pinky-promse!